Thursday, March 12, 2009

Corner Office

About two weeks ago I interviewed for a wrench position at a triathalon shop in town here. I got the job, and I've been working there for just over a week and I'm getting used to things. It's Felt/Cervelo/Litespeed/Bianchi dealer. I get to use words like "torque wrench" and "assembly compound" very reguarly. Pretty classy joint.
One thing I can't figure out though: there is a well stocked shop area on the second floor, in the corner. Windows on both sides. Nobody else wants to work there. It's become my own personal 100 square foot corner office where I tinker away on $2000+ tri bikes. Away from customers. I'm not expected to answer the phone: it doesn't even ring in the room. Out the windows above my bench I can see the Koolau mountains, and to my left Ala Wai Golf Course. I even get a commission on the work I complete while I'm busy not being interrupted. Not a bad gig.
IMG_0669

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Tim said...

sometimes I hate you and your perfect life. other times I am just really happy-jealous, which is sort of like being drunk and trying to interpret the motion of your own hand waving in front of your face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home